Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Next Generation Greatness


Pat Luke of Luke Photography recently photographed the athletic Coleston, from Pal-Mac's Class of 2012 at Pal-Mac in his Fairport studio.

Coleston is the son of one of my childhood friends, and next year graduates from the same high school his father, mother, and I went to.  His mother was a great high school athlete, and his dad and I grew up on the same street and played all sorts of sports together, often pitting ourselves against all the other kids in the neighborhood.  So when I was asked to photograph his son, who plays varsity basketball and baseball, I jumped at the chance to really work on the athletic angle.



Coleston plays a slick SS on Pal-Mac's baseball team
I saw Coleston play basketball last winter as a junior, and watched him sink a long three that nearly ripped the net off the hoop.  The kid has skills, both on the hardwood and the diamond.  I guess he plays a mean shortstop, too.  Between him, his dad (1st base) and me (2nd base), we've got 3/4 of the infield covered, although I bet Coleston could cover more ground than his dad and I put together these days.
All that athletic talent, and good-looking, too


Ready to break the ankles of a defender with a sick crossover dribble
Yeah....I think he means business

No comments:

Post a Comment